Madison UMC/COVID-19 updates
As we go through this uncertain time, we can be certain that God is with us and that our church will do what we can to help each other through this. Out of an overabundance of caution, we are making several changes for the coming weeks. Please continue to check your email, our church’s social media accounts, and website (www.madisoumc.org/covid19) for the latest updates.
1. We are cancelling all church activities through April 8 and we may need to extend that in the future. Our leadership will announce our plans for upcoming worship and activity schedules soon. We plan to livestream our 8:30 a.m. service again for this Sunday, April 5. You do not need a Facebook account to watch the online service. Simply copy and paste this link in your Internet browser (https://www.facebook.com/MadisonUMCofMS/) to watch the service.
2. Please continue to support the church through your giving. Our church is still funding missions and ministries locally and around the world during this time and we need your stewardship for that work. You can contact your bank for online giving options or use our online giving service (https://www.shelbygiving.com/App/Giving/madi100208). You can also mail checks to our church (Madison UMC 100 Post Oak Road Madison, MS 39110).
3. Contact our Director of Outreach Ministries, Steve Potter, at email@example.com to let him know of any needs within our church and community. We have established three teams (Handyman Team, Supplies Team and Yard Work Team) to be of help to those who are at-risk. Email Steve if you would like to serve on one of these teams. Our Handyman Team, as they have already been doing, will help with any maintenance and fix-it needs for at-risk people. Our Supplies Team will be available to run errands, or to pick up groceries, for at-risk people. Our students and adult volunteers for the Yard Work Team will help those needing that kind of help.
4. Sunday School classes and small groups can set up online meetings during this time (For the info, go to http://www.madisonumc.org/online-groups). We are all designed by God to be in relationship with others so please take advantage of this technology.
5. ONLINE STUDY RESOURCES are available: 1) We have an account with GRACE MINISTRIES that you can view online from home (Go to https://grace101.org/login.htm, use madisonumc both for the username and password). Crisis 101, Worship 101 (hymn stories with accompaniment), and Family 101 (a study on the Bible's "one another" teachings) might be of special interest among the video study options; 2) SEEDBED is offering Churches/Small Groups limited access to its digital resources (e-books and streaming video accompaniment) for free (CLICK HERE); 3) We announced our church's subscription to RIGHT NOW MEDIA at our March 22 worship service. You should have received an email invite with a login/access for that. This subscription has all kinds of children's videos, small group curriculum, Christian entertainment, personal Bible study helps and more. .
6. We are staggering the church office hours for our staff due to the COVID-19 virus for the foreseeable future. Someone will be here to receive calls from 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on Mondays-Thursdays and from 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on Fridays. Staff members will routinely check their email accounts throughout the day, too. To email a staff person, type their first name and then type @madisonumc.org – firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. This can be an unsettling time so please contact me (601.955.3384; email@example.com) if you need me for anything.
Rev. Barry Male