Madison UMC/COVID-19 updates
As we go through this uncertain time, we can be certain that God is with us and that our church will do what we can to help each other through this. Out of an over abundance of caution, we are making several changes for the coming weeks. Please continue to check your email, our church’s social media accounts, and website (www.madisoumc.org/covid19) for the latest updates.
1. We have resumed in-person worship services on our campus - 8:30/11:00 sanctuary, & 11:00 in the MPR beginning on September 13. Our online worship service will still be shown at 8:30 am on our YouTube channel. After the service, it will be available on YouTube for you to watch anytime. A nursery is available each Sunday for childrfen, four years old and under. Please make a reservation each week for worship.
2. Please continue to support the church through your giving. Our church is still funding missions and ministries locally and around the world during this time and we need your stewardship for that work. You can contact your bank for online giving options or use our online giving service (https://www.shelbygiving.com/App/Giving/madi100208). You can also mail checks to our church (Madison UMC 100 Post Oak Road Madison, MS 39110).
3. Contact our Director of Outreach Ministries, Steve Potter, at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know of any needs within our church and community. We have established three teams (Handyman Team, Supplies Team and Yard Work Team) to be of help to those who are at-risk. Email Steve if you would like to serve on one of these teams. Our Handyman Team, as they have already been doing, will help with any maintenance and fix-it needs for at-risk people. Our Supplies Team will be available to run errands, or to pick up groceries, for at-risk people. Our students and adult volunteers for the Yard Work Team will help those needing that kind of help.
4. Sunday School classes and small groups can set up online meetings during this time. For the info, go to http://www.madisonumc.org/online-groups. We are all designed by God to be in relationship with others so please take advantage of this technology.
5. ONLINE STUDY RESOURCES are available: 1) We have an account with GRACE MINISTRIES that you can view online from home (Go to https://grace101.org/login.htm, use madisonumc both for the username and password). Crisis 101, Worship 101 (hymn stories with accompaniment), and Family 101 (a study on the Bible's "one another" teachings) might be of special interest among the video study options; 2) We announced our church's subscription to RIGHT NOW MEDIA at our March 22 worship service. You should have received an email invite with a login/access for that. This subscription has all kinds of children's videos, small group curriculum, Christian entertainment, personal Bible study helps and more. Please contact Ben Butler (email@example.com) if you did not receive an access invitation.
6. We have now opened the church office at our regular times on Mondays-Thursdays from 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on Fridays. Please make an appointment with any staff person who you would like to meet with so that we can insure that we have a room set aside for you all to meet. Visitors will need to abide by all of our safety protocols. Come see us!
7. This can be an unsettling time so please contact me (601.955.3384; firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need me for anything.
Rev. Barry Male