Madison UMC Reopening Plans and Guidelines
“Building Faithful Disciples, Serving Jesus Christ”
We have in-person worship services, nursery, most Sunday School classes, and groups back on our campus. We also stream the worship service on our YouTube channel. After the service is streamed, it is quickly uploaded to YouTube for you to watch anytime.
Sanctuary and Multi-Purpose Room worship services (8:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.)
- Masks are required. They must cover your mouth and nose and must be worn when you are on our campus.
- We will have live services at both locations. Please register for which service you plan to attend.
Sunday School classes
- KIDS, Students, and some Adult Sunday School classes can now meet on campus. Several adult classes will meet via Zoom due to room size restrictions under our current safety protocols.
- Bible studies, groups, and committees can now meet on campus. Those groups will need to follow our current safety protocols. They must also reserve their room with our church office so that we can make sure to have your room ready for you and to insure that we can clean the room for the next group who has reserved it.
- Time your arrival for 10 minutes prior to the start of the service.
- Family units may sit next to each other in worship, but everyone must practice social distancing.
- Offering baskets will be placed at the exits of each room.
- We will not use bulletins, pew Bibles, or hymnals during this stage.
- All doors will be opened for you by Greeters. Ushers will direct you to your seating. They will both be wearing face coverings.
- The sanctuary and MPR will be cleaned between services.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be readily available throughout the building.
- There will be no coffee stations or food available during this time. We also ask that you do not bring your own food or coffee to the campus.
- Please sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Congregational singing will not yet be part of our worship service due to safety concerns.
- The length of the services will be moderately abbreviated, so that Sunday School classes who are not meeting on our campus will able to meet via Zoom from 9:40 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- Individuals with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and those whose immune systems are compromised (such as chemotherapy and other conditions requiring such therapy) are encouraged to stay at home and join us online. The CDC has reported that older adults and people with these listed conditions “seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complication from COVID-19 illness.”
- Those who have a fever and/or feel sick should stay at home and join us for worship online.
- Any student or adult who has been under a quarantine should refrain from attending services on our campus and church activities that are off-campus.
- Please do not congregate in the parking lot before or after the worship services.
Please know that our plans may change week to week based on the latest available information. We may be able to move quickly to Stage 3 or we may have to go back and suspend services at some point. Thank you for your patience as we continue to monitor those developments and to move as safely and as wisely as we can.
Stage 3 – Expanding our Reopening
Our Trustees and our Administrative Council are working on a six-month plan to bring us all back together as safely and as quickly as possible. We will publish the plans for those stages soon.