STAY TUNED for when we schedule our next workshop, likely as early as the Spring or by Fall 2023!
We are targeting those parents who have at least one (1) child who is 3 years old-3rd grade. We are capping the registration at 12 households maximum.
We will provide ministry for all your children during the workshop. We will have 2 meals (continental breakfast and lunch) plus snacks for both adults and children.
We have been planning for a way to intentionally encourage and equip busy parents to live into the commitment they make at their child's baptism:
"Will you nurture your child in Christ’s holy church, that by your teaching and example he/she may be guided to accept God’s grace for himself/herself, to profess his/her faith openly, and to lead a Christian life? We will."
We are now ready to begin to implement the plan.
"Five-Minute Family" will be a process that is envisioned to include:
- a SUPPORTIVE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY of prayer and encouragement throughout the journey to cheer you and your family on as your pursue Kingdom Life in Christ
- a short PRE-SURVEY to measure (but NOT to judge!) where you are currently around the practice of some marks of family discipleship
- an introductory Family Discipleship WORKSHOP to provide equipping and encouragement
- a number of RECOMMENDED RESOURCES & a forthcoming MUMC Family Discipleship RESOURCE LIBRARY that you can draw on to implement your unique plan for Intentional Family Discipleship
- an invitation & opportunity to continue with your peer SMALL GROUP from the workshop for at least 3 months (meeting at least twice a month - either on Wednesday night during WAM or at another time or way that is more convenient)
- an invitation & opportunity to meet with either Ben or Renee for Family Discipleship COACHING (2 or 3 45-minute sessions during the 3-month Small Group follow-up period) to help you discern & take whatever your next best step is as you implement & grow in Family Discipleship
- a short POST-SURVEY after 3 months to measure how you have grown in the same marks of discipleship you surveyed going into this journey