WELCOME to the Madison United Methodist Church Missions page. Please read all that is here and find out more about who we are, how we are aiming to share the love of Jesus and how you might get involved with us. Madison United Methodist Church response teams are currently working to meet the needs of our community by volunteering to pick up and deliver groceries, help with yard work, perform handy-man tasks and many other things. If you could use some help or are looking for a safe place to serve, email Steve Potter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Madison UMC continues to look for significant ways to be a part of Christ's mission to the world, going out beyond the gathered life of the church to present Him in deeds of love and words that tell others about God's love and kingdom.
As we do, there are numerous opportunities through Madison UMC to participate in Christ's mission through prayers, gifts, presence, service, and witness both locally, regionally/nationally, and internationally.
**To SUBMIT Service/Witness Interests for Missions, CLICK HERE, and a point person from respective missions areas will follow-up with you soon.
- We have paused our Celebrate Recovery ministry and are considering how and when to launch new recovery groups.
- Contact Rodger Wasson (601-460-0071) for more information about these potential groups
- Be a part of supporting the Moody family (Todd, Katie, Andrew, Conner, & Wesley) personally & in the ministry to which the Lord has called them as they serve through Legacy Mission International
- Serve in mission with the Moodys by being part of a MUMC mission team that travels to Honduras
- We will send a mission team to Honduras to support their ministry June 24 - July 1, 2023.
- Contact Micah Anglin (email@example.com) & Tracey Barrett (601-502-6777) for more info
- Meeting small home repairs and relational needs of the people in the Mississippi Delta
- Opportunities for intergenerational ministry (about ages 7 years old and up)
- Madison UMC will be planning more trips to travel to the Mississippi Delta to continue to work on the Madison House and other projects to benefit those in poverty.
Contact Matthew Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
- We hope to develop a pool of MUMC members who are interested in Early Response as well as Long-Term Recovery in Mississippi and perhaps beyond
- Contact Steve Potter (email@example.com) for more info.
- Since 1986, HFHMCA has built over 630 houses in partnership with low-income families in need. Our homeowners complete 250 hours of sweat equity building their homes and the homes of others and completing financial and homeowner training. HFHMCA homeowners buy their homes through zero-interest mortgage payments over 30 years. Volunteers help us keep construction costs down. Without volunteers, HFHMCA could not partner with low income families to build and invest in affordable homes with a no-interest mortgage. Work has included new home construction, rehabilitation of existing homes, and such things as landscaping.
- MUMC recently teamed up with other United Methodist churches to remodel a home this past August and September. We will be participating in another remodel in 2023.
- Contact David Coon (601-605-2455) for more info
- We will be supporting outreach ministry with our Hispanic friends in Canton (which may include a Spring health fair & annual Christmas party/ministry)
- Contact Peter Giroux (601-454-6008) for more info
- MUMC supports Kairos Inside (women) & Kairos Outside, ministries for women who are incarcerated or affected by incarceration respectively
- The most recent Kairos weekend was Oct. 7-10.
- Contact Dianna Boring for Inside (850-708-4109) or Coralen Cain for Outside (601-842-0065) for more info.
- There are opportunities to provide non-perishable food items throughout the year & serve on Mondays & Wednesdays to distribute food to clients & prepare for the following week's distribution
- Contact Kathy Long (601-466-0135) for more info
- Join a group that makes "plarn" (plastic yarn from cut strips of plastic shopping bags) sleeping mats for homeless friends
- Meets on Sundays at 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm in the Chapel Basement
- Contact Donna Peyton (601-519-8002) for more information
- We will be exploring how we can increase service opportunities, including skilled/manual labor as well as relational ministry
We recently supported the Methodist Children’s Home “Little Light of Mine” project last winter
Contact Kristen Harwell (601-383-6128) for more info
- We had our last Rise Against Hunger food packing event on April 24, 2022, and we packed over 14,000 meals.
- We plan to have our next Rise Against Hunger meal packing event in the spring of 2023
- Contact Kathy Long (601-466-0135) for more information
We have begun a relationship with the CPC to provide funding and volunteers for their different programs. Renee Yates, from the CPC, will be sharing with us during the Sunday school hour on January 29th in the Multi-Purpose Room.
Contact Katie Williams (601-540-3617) for more information
- Ministries often include such things as medical, dental, VBS, teacher training, Women's Bible study, teen soccer ministry, construction, and evangelism
- The upcoming Salt and Light Mission trip will be on June 1-8, 2023
- Contact Phil Hinton (601-940-9033) for more information
- Shade and Fresh Water is a national network of after-school programs for at-risk children and teenagers across Brazil
- We are currently sending funds to a church in Sao Paulo to support their local Shade and Fresh Water Project
- Contact Rev. Barry Male (601.856.6058) for more information about this ministry
David O’Donnell has over a decade of experience in Eastern Europe/Western Asia. David joined the World Hope team in 2012 as a volunteer teaching English at the education center. David directs the programs and community development projects within the country he serves. He has a family with three children. He is a graduate of Asbury University and has a master’s degree from Wesley Biblical Seminary. David is an ordained minister in the Wesleyan Church.
Contact Rev. Barry Male (601.856.6058) for more information about this ministry.
- The Connection is a Ridgeland based-youth group with children ages 5-18 started by Chuck and Katie Meador over 17 years ago. We meet the children where they are, creating a safe place for them to just be themselves-some have a home church, most of them do not. An average of 30-40 kids each Wednesday night have free time, eat a meal, have a Bible lesson and discuss the lesson in small groups.
- We meet from 5-6:30 at Holmes Community College in Ridgeland most Wednesdays. Our volunteers are from different area churches (First Baptist Madison, Vertical Church, Christ United Methodist, Madison Methodist).
- For more information contact: Sarah Largen at firstname.lastname@example.org 601-506-5265
Local Mission (Jerusalem, Judea, & Samaria)
Mat Weavers Ministry
Delta Grace (Sunflower, MS)
Habitat for Humanity
Kairos Inside Prison Ministries
Kairos Outside Prison Ministries
MadCAAP (Madison Countians Allied Against Poverty)
Methodist Children's Home
United Methodist Men
Ronald McDonald House
National & International Mission (Ends of the Earth)
- Legacy Mission International (Moody missionaries to Honduras)
Salt & Light Ministry Foundation (Honduras)
United Women of Faith
Shade and Fresh Water Project (Brazil)
Missionaries David and Kate O'Donnell (eastern Europe/western Asia)
Rise Against Hunger