How is Madison UMC offering opportunities for worship, spiritual growth, and fellowship during the COVID-19 pandemic?
We are thankful you are seeing this page and seeking to explore connecting with a community of faith (CLICK HERE for an online Connection Card). We are currently offering the following online opportunities:
- Worship Services -- 8:30 A.M. on Sunday - Online only livestreaming on our YouTube channel [CLICK HERE; please consider subscribing] until we are able to safely resume on-campus gatherings for worship
- Sunday School -- most of our Adult Sunday School classes are using Zoom videoconferencing on Sunday mornings following 8:30 AM worship. We would love to include you in a group. Please email Ben Butler (email@example.com) if you want to know more, including how he can connect you with a staff person for Kids and Students. Also, please visit www.madisonumc.org/online-groups.
- Pastor's Bible Study -- 6:15 P.M. on Wednesdays - You can view this on our YouTube channel as well as at http://madisonumc.org/wednesday-teaching.
Corporate Worship is a vital and essential part of our life together at Madison UMC. We gather together on Sunday mornings as a family of believers to bear witness to the presence and work of Jesus Christ in our lives through song, prayer, and the proclamation of God’s holy word.
What time are Sunday morning services?
Worship Services -- 8:30 A.M. & 10:45 A.M (Online only on our Facebook page [https://www.facebook.com/MadisonUMCofMS/] through April 2020)
- Sunday School -- 9:45 A.M.
Where is the campus of Madison UMC?
Physical Address: 100 Post Oak Road (2050 Main Street), Madison 39110
Sanctuary Location: faces Main St. at the corner of Post Oak Rd. & Main St.
What are worship services like at Madison UMC?
Christ-focused celebrations of praise, prayer, & proclamation
A mix of traditional and contemporary music that is vibrant and rich
Opportunities for children to worship, as well as, to hear and respond to God's Word
Regular celebration of the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion
How do people come dressed for worship?
Most people who worship at Madison UMC come dressed in what might be described as "dressy casual"
Where do I park?
2 main parking areas
East Parking Lot: this is our primary and largest parking lot, accessible by the unmarked street just east of our Susan L. Montgomery Memorial Chapel, and toward which our new main entrance to our facilities faces
West Parking Lot: reserved for seniors and special needs
Where do I find the Welcome Center ("Connection Center") when I need information or directions?
Our Connection Center (Welcome Center) is located in the Atrium. Our main entrance (with covered drop-off) that faces the east parking lot is the main entrance into the Atrium. The Connection Center is located in the center of the Atrium across from the Kid's Hall check-in desk.
What about ministries for my children?
All nursery workers and leaders for our various children's ministries have gone through a background check, and when necessary have completed appropriate training (First Aid, CPR)
Children’s Ministry times are an important part of our two Sunday morning ministries
- Children's Sermon: children 4 years old through 2nd grade are invited after the greeting to join Mrs. Renee at the front of the sanctuary for a time of learning God's Word
- Bible Time: for ages 3 years old - K-5 during both worship services; children who participate in Bible Time leave the worship service after the Children's Sermon
- Nursery: available for children who are 8 weeks - 3 years old during both worship services (8:30 a.m. & 10:45 a.m.) & Sunday School (9:45 a.m.).
What classes/groups do you offer on Sunday mornings?
We offer Sunday School for 2 1/2 years old through Senior Adults
If you have any other questions, we would be glad to help answer them. Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.