WELCOME to the Madison United Methodist Church Missions page. Please read all that is here and find out more about who we are, how we are aiming to share the love of Jesus and how you might get involved with us. Madison United Methodist Church response teams are currently working to meet the needs of our community by volunteering to pick up and deliver groceries, help with yard work, perform handy-man tasks and many other things. If you could use some help or are looking for a safe place to serve, email Steve Potter at email@example.com.
Madison UMC continues to look for significant ways to be a part of Christ's mission to the world, going out beyond the gathered life of the church to present Him in deeds of love and words that tell others about God's love and kingdom.
As we do, there are numerous opportunities through Madison UMC to participate in Christ's mission through prayers, gifts, presence, service, and witness both locally, regionally/nationally, and internationally.
**To SUBMIT Service/Witness Interests for Missions, CLICK HERE, and a point person from respective missions areas will follow-up with you soon.
- Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered, 12 step recovery program for anyone struggling with hurt, pain or addiction of ANY kind. Celebrate Recovery is a safe place to find community and freedom from the issues that are controlling our life.
- Celebrate Recovery meets from 5:30-8:00 p.m. on Tuesdays.
- 5:30-6:15 p.m. - Supper & fellowship
- 6:15 p.m. - Large group meeting and worship
- 7:00 p.m. - Support groups
- If God is speaking to you about this ministry, we have a need for people who are available on a weekly basis to:
- Provide meals
- Serve meals
- Set up and run sound/AV system and/or play music
- Lead/assist small groups
- Contact Rodger Wasson (601-460-0071) for more information
- Be a part of supporting the Moody family (Todd, Katie, Andrew, Conner, & Wesley) personally & in the ministry to which the Lord has called them as they serve through Legacy Mission International
- There will be an Information Meeting with the Moodys on June 5 during the Sunday School hour in the MPR.
- Serve in mission with the Moodys by being part of a MUMC mission team that travels to Honduras
- We will send a mission team to Honduras to support their ministry in mid-June
- Contact George Taylor (601-941-9767) & Tracey Barrett (601-502-6777) for more info
- Meeting small home repairs and relational needs of the people in the Mississippi Delta
- Opportunities for intergenerational ministry (about ages 7 years old and up)
- Contact Carolyn Schussler (904-403-5748) for more info
- Our next mission day at Delta Grace is set for June 4, 2022.
- Learn more / Sign up here.
- We hope to develop a pool of MUMC members who are interested in Early Response as well as Long-Term Recovery in Mississippi and perhaps beyond
- Contact Steve Potter (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info.
- Since 1986, HFHMCA has built over 630 houses in partnership with low-income families in need. Our homeowners complete 250 hours of sweat equity building their homes and the homes of others and completing financial and homeowner training. HFHMCA homeowners buy their homes through zero-interest mortgage payments over 30 years. Volunteers help us keep construction costs down. Without volunteers, HFHMCA could not partner with low income families to build and invest in affordable homes with a no-interest mortgage. Work has included new home construction, rehabilitation of existing homes, and such things as landscaping.
- We worked on a remodel in August and September 2021. Check will David Coon for more info on future remodels.
- Contact David Coon (601-605-2455) for more info
- We will be supporting outreach ministry with our Hispanic friends in Canton (which may include a Spring health fair & annual Christmas party/ministry)
- Contact Peter Giroux (601-454-6008) for more info
- MUMC supports Kairos Inside (women) & Kairos Outside, ministries for women who are incarcerated or affected by incarceration respectively
- The most recent Kairos weekend was November 12-14.
- Contact Dianna Boring for Inside (850-708-4109) or Coralen Cain for Outside (601-842-0065) for more info.
- There are opportunities to provide non-perishable food items throughout the year & serve on Mondays & Wednesdays to distribute food to clients & prepare for the following week's distribution
- Contact Bob Morgan (601-720-1772) for more info
- Join a group that makes "plarn" (plastic yarn from cut strips of plastic shopping bags) sleeping mats for homeless friends
- Meets on Sundays at 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm in the Chapel Basement
- Contact Donna Peyton (601-519-8002) for more information
- We will be exploring how we can increase service opportunities, including skilled/manual labor as well as relational ministry
We recently supported the Methodist Children’s Home “Little Light of Mine” project last winter
Contact Kristen Harwell (601-383-6128) for more info
- Our next annual shoe box packing drive will be this fall.
- Contact Jackie Wilson (601-953-7455) for more info
- We had our last Rise Against Hunger food packing event on April 24, 2022, and we packed over 14,000 meals.
- We plan to have our next Rise Against Hunger meal packing event in the spring of 2023
- Contact Kathy Long (601-466-0135) for more info
- Ministries often include such things as medical, dental, VBS, teacher training, Women's Bible study, teen soccer ministry, construction, and evangelism
- The upcoming Salt and Light Mission trip will be on June 9-16, 2022.
- Contact Phil Hinton (601-940-9033) or Lisa Anglin (601-594-8939) for more info
- Shade and Fresh Water is a national network of after-school programs for at-risk children and teenagers across Brazil.
- We are currently sending funds for this ministry but we are also sending funds to a church in Sao Paulo to support their food ministry to street children during this pandemic.
- Contact Rev. Barry Male (601.955.3384) for more information about this ministry.
David O’Donnell has over a decade of experience in Eastern Europe/Western Asia. David joined the World Hope team in 2012 as a volunteer teaching English at the education center. David directs the programs and community development projects within the country he serves. He has a family with three children. He is a graduate of Asbury University and has a master’s degree from Wesley Biblical Seminary. David is an ordained minister in the Wesleyan Church.
Contact Rev. Barry Male (601.955.3384) for more information about this ministry.
Local Mission (Jerusalem, Judea, & Samaria)
Mat Weavers Ministry
Delta Grace (Sunflower, MS)
Habitat for Humanity
Kairos Inside Prison Ministries
Kairos Outside Prison Ministries
MadCAAP (Madison Countians Allied Against Poverty)
Methodist Children's Home
United Methodist Men
Ronald McDonald House
National & International Mission (Ends of the Earth)
- Legacy Mission International (Moody missionaries to Honduras)
Operation Christmas Child
Salt & Light Ministry Foundation (Honduras)
United Methodist Women
Shade and Fresh Water Project (Brazil)
Missionaries David and Kate O'Donnell (eastern Europe/western Asia)
Rise Against Hunger